Starting Salary: $13.00 per hour
Job ID: 28322-9001
Date of Job Posting: 4/10/2017
Resumes accepted until position is filled
Large paper and plastic manufacturing company located in San Leandro is seeking a qualified junior machine operator who has a manufacturing background. Must have experience working in a team environment. Must be professional and articulate. Opportunity to join the union after probationary period.
- Assist the machine operator by preparing the machine for the production run according to the shop card.
- Prepares the stencil that stamps the product with identification. Cleans and oils the machine daily.
- Ensure customer issue is completely resolved to customer’s satisfaction in a timely manner
- Orders pallets from the Forklift Driver according to the need expressed on the schedule. Responsible for having pallets at the machine for the finished products.
- Assists with running orders, when the machine is ready, by watching that the run continues smoothly and without problem. If the problem arises, such as machine failure, product quality is not standard, shortage of paper, etc., notifies the operator of the problem. May work with management, maintenance, and other company employees to fix the problem.
- Palletizes the product according to the shop card and/or in a manner suitable for shipping. May be required to feed machines on occasion.
- Responsible for adhering to the ISO procedures and taking direction from the operator.
- High school education; or three to six months of experience or training in the corrugated industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Ability to print and speak simple sentences. Ability to effectively present information in on-one-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees.
- Ability to add, subtract, and multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed instructions.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
For immediate consideration please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and a staffing consultant will contact you. Do to the overwhelming responses we will only contact candidates with the best relevance relating to the description, responsibilities and requirements for this position.